Toyo RA-1s

Don,

I can't say I've "road raced" the RA1s but I have done a complete season
of autocrossing on them, a BMW track school, and some Solo I (ie.
sprints). Before they see the road, get'em shaved to 4/32's for
full/immediate grip. Take a non-stop highway-speed drive - between
75-100 miles - to get a heat cycle in them to "lock" the rubber and
you'll get the grip you want as well as longer track-life.

They're not as sticky as R1s (about 85% as much) BUT they do last longer
(about 20% longer) AND they're cheaper... at least in this neck o'the
woods! I run 30-35psi in the front and 27-30psi in the back.

Let me know how you make out with them!

Brian Jarvis/BMW Car Club of Canada - Bluenose Chapter
(1981 320is D-Street Prepared)