Re: Trick or Treat?

>Then I reached up to turn on the turn signal, but the brights came on.
>Actually, the brights didn't work, and turning on the brights turned off the
>head lights, which was a bit dangerous considering it was pitch black outside.
>Not sure why, but the turn signal lever was mounted on the right side, which
>made it very difficult to reach when I was trying to change gears.

The turn signal was/is located on the right side of the column up to the
'74 model year.  So this one was mounted on the right side in more ways
than one.

>If anyone is interested in a 2002 with leaky brake lines, a shaky tranny, and
>turn signal lever mounted on the wrong side, I know where you can get one
>cheap.
>
>Michael Mynatt
>1987 325iC with good brakes, great tranny, and turn signal lever on the right
>side.

This reminded me of the time I was out of town for a couple of months and
left the keys to my '72 tii with a friend whom I told could use it if he
needed.  He, having never driven it before, proceeded to try to use the
high/low switch to signal turns.  As he put it, it seemed to move okay
when he signaled a right turn but didn't want to move when he wanted to
make a left turn.  A trip to the dealer and $70 later (12 years ago), he
now knew of the odd location of the turn signal stalk.

Ed Walker
'72 tii
'80 323i

PS Do you mean that your turn signal is on the right side or the correct
side (subject to debate)? :^)