Re: <E30> front suspension repair questions

Jeff,
Many old BMW Digest posts can be found at:  The Unofficial E30 Home Page.
http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_e30.html

The Unofficial E30 Home Page also has a great search facility.
Here is one post that answers your question:
http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e30/suspension/e30_control_arm_bushing_lub
e.html

Steve D'Gerolamo posted:
The best "special lubricant" is probably under your kitchen sink....liquid
dish detergent (I use Zymol Clear car wash because I happen to have it out
in the garage). Place the E30/E36 control arm in a vice with the bracket
end facing toward you. Lubricate the inside of the bushing with
soap/detergent and with a twisting/screwing motion, push the
bracket-bushing assembly onto the arm. Once you get it started, it will
slide easily into place. Install the arms onto the car, lower it to the
ground, and let the bushings set up in place for at least 30 minutes. I
tried Kerosene and some other lubricants but the detergent seems to work
the best.

Regards,
Alan Alfano
alan.alfano@domain.elided