Ooh the lustful power...

Well, I did it to myself.  At BMW's Ultimate Drive (Atlanta) this past
weekend, I was returning from my joyful test drive of the new M Coupe.
I could not believe how much I loved this car.  I just had to experience
the lustful power of that M-powered motor one more time. Turns out I
shouldn't have...
No, the car is fine.  But that shift from 1st to 2nd at the higher end
of the RPM range drew the attention of the local law enforcement.  Says
I was "laying drags".  Not quite, but did chirp the tires on the shift.
So, my reason for this post is two-fold:

1) To serve as a warning to those who may be in the same position at
future Ultimate Drives; local law enforcement watches these events
closely.

2) To garner the advice of fellow digesters who may have had to deal
with similar infractions in the past (particularly in Georgia).  Can you
offer any help/suggestions?

TIA!

- --
Eric Gerber