Re: M5 Update

MBerger100@domain.elided writes:

> the new "autocar" from england...
> indicates that car will be in england in may '99..i
> wonder what that means for us yanks in line.

To add another datum, M5 delivery in Germany starts this December.

> the rear bumper has some markings on it that look alot like the
> Mercedes parktronic system....

That may be Park Distance Control, option 508, 700 DM with VAT in the
9/98 price list.

> ... it also talks about an engine temp. indicator light that is on
> the tachometer to tell you what temp the engine is running at.

I believe "it" are a series of orange lights that stretch from 4000 to
6000 rpm, I suspect in 500 rpm increments.  They come on when the
engine is cold to suggest a prudent maximum rpm.  According to auto
motor u. sport, they go out one by one as the cooling water heats up.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided

End of bmw-digest V9 #422