Re: LANDSHARK Chip vs. Da Big Names

george & cathleen,

you wrote"

<<So, after this inspirational recommendation for the Conforti download, I
ask where to take my '88 535i within 100 miles of D.C. to get the job
done?!>>

<snip other stuff>>

only '96+ (OBDII) requires flash programming.  in previous model years
(OBDI) you merely exchange chips.  you can order JimC chips from Eurosport
(eurosprt@domain.elided , (801)463-4919) or Turner Motorsport
(http://www.turnermotorsport.com).  for a more detailed explanation of OBD,
which is On Board Diagnostics, perhaps you could ask Jim Conforti himself as
i only have a basic understanding of it.  if i have passed any
misinformation i am sure someone out there can/will correct me.  btw -
Sharked next monday!!

regards,

jack money
motor city chapter