LANDSHARK Chip vs. Da Big Names

Duane wrote:
>Get the Conforti download from Turner Motorsports in Amesbury, MA.
They're
>right up the road from you and this is a software driven download vs.
>Dinan's 'send in your DME via FED-EX and we'll pull out your EPROM and
>solder a new one in'.

Unless you live near Boston or Salt Lake City, just the opposite
applies.  This is my only beef with the Jim C option.  In the Chicago
area I can drive to several Dinan dealers and have their software
installed through the diag port.  To get the Jim C software I'd have to
take out my DME and send it to SLC.

>The Landshark program is the best one there is. Period.

I agree!  Jim's 34 horsepower increase and 40 additional foot-pounds of
torque vs Dinan's 10 HP and 10 foot-pounds of torque (although Jim's
numbers are corrected to crankshaft hp, so you're not exactly comparing
apples to apples) is a no-brainer assuming they're both the same price
(which they are) and are both readily available and fully supported from
a local dealer (which they aren't, I already touched on that).  The
warranty issue can affect one's decision, but it's not like we're
bolting on a turbo so that one doesn't bother me too much.

Hoping to see Jim's awesome performance gains available and supported
from a local dealer,

Bruce Mitchell
Windy City Chapter
'98 M3