<E36 M3> BMW Synthetic Oil = HP Gains?

Hey all,

This is probably something the various oil threads on the list have already
covered.  If it has, I apologize (I'm running my typical week-behind on
digest reading)

I was at BMW's Ultimate Drive in Atlanta over this past weekend, and one of
the reps told me, when he learned that I drove a 3.0 M3, that switching to
BMW's new synthetic is "good for at least 6 horsepower in that engine".

The engine in question is a '95 S50 US.  Build date 9/95.

So my question to the collective wisdom of the digest: is this fella on
drugs?

Thanks
Mike Chiang
'95 ///M3

P.S. PeachTree Chapter guys-- mine was the dirty Cosmoschwartz one with the
forged LTW wheels and the Leon County tags in the 'M3 corral' at the end of
the lot on Saturday.

P.S.S. Is the person responsible for taking out the timing lights on Track
2 Saturday morning on this list? ;-) *bonk*