<E36> Noise from rear, Strutmount??

Hi all,

I notice a klunking noise from the right rear when I go over
a bump in a right turn (like turning into a drive way) .
Could this be the famous cracked rear strut mounts?
There are no other symptoms like pulling to the right under
acceleration. I don't autox or abuse my car other than the
occasional burn out or high speed sweepers.
My car is a 97 M3 with 19500 miles. How do I check if the
strut mount is cracked? Could it be something else? I recall
reading something about a loose emergency brake cable
causing a similar noise?

Norm
97 M3

End of bmw-digest V9 #417