Re: Oil thing

Someone posted an oil FAQ some time back and, remembering that plus
other articles, don't worry about 15w40 or 15w50 synthetics (esp.
Mobil1) in the winter. That is, unless you live in Antarctica or
Minnesota (grin). Pour rate for Mobil1 15w50 is exceptional down to
- -20F versus other synths and heaps better than dino oils with lower
weights (i.e. 5w30). Plus the smaller spread between the cold/hot
weights is actually better because the oil contains less Viscosity
Improvers/additives.

Being an informed consumer and armed with as many statistics as I could
use I have exclusively used Mobil1 15w50, since it came on the market,
summer and winter in the Chicago area with excellent results (regular
and turbo cars, all showing negligible wear when stripped/torn down).

Phil C.
95 525i 5spd
96 A4q 2.8 slushbox