E36 M3 rear main seal

Last May I had the rear main seal replaced on my ' 97 M3, since
it was leaking occasionally (when engine was hot after long trips).
I've read on the Digest that others had the same problem. It seemed
to be fine until last weekend when I pulled in to my garage and I heard
this squeaky noise again. I new right away what it was. The only
difference to the previous failure is that now it leaks every time the
engine is warm. Why dose this problem reoccur? Doesn't BMW
realize this problem and changes the design of the seals?
Has somebody else have this problem reoccur?

Norm.