Re: M3 windshield

I had a new windshield put in by Safelite just before I sold my 95 M3 (rock
star); it had no more distortion than stock, also no more wiper overhang, fit
fine, etc.  Cost was ~$240, but they did screw up the installation the first
time and not center the windshield in opening before adhesive set and redid it
at their own expense.

The negative of the OEM windshield is the softness of the glass; very
susceptible to rock stars and pitting.  It sure was a joy to see out of a
clear windshield again.  Amazing how badly pitted and scarred the stock one
was after only ~33,000 miles.

Mark Sipe