RE: <tires> D60A2 vs RE930 vs SH30

I suggest you ditch all 3 and go for something like Pirelli P4000, the AVS
S4V, or SP4000.  Spend the extra $20, you won't regret it.   BTW, why are
you looking at A/S if you just need wet capability for CA?  There are
several other non A/S wet unidirectionals possibly that would handle far
better than the cheap H- A/S's.

Real experience with a 185/70-13 in the D60A2 and RE930 had me disliking
either.  D60 unremarkable, poor after 15K.  RE930 tried as TR's suggestion
they beat out the P4000 in testing numbers.  Excuse me, the handling sucks,
I'll use that MBG. ;-P  Upgraded to 14's and 509's / Intermediates, heaven.

No experience w/ SH30, but a tip.  Squeeze each sidewall to see how flexible
/ soft it is relative to others in comparison, the firmer the better.  Also
make sure that tire has a cap ply (nylon, rayon) over the belts; cheaper
handling tires don't.

Gary Lin   National Capital Ch.    '88 325is  Ints.
professed tire expert that baffles the sales techs