Re: Replacement Windshield Troubles...

I have noticed the same type of distortions, but on non-factory BMW made
windshields.  Make sure what the dealer is giving you is a factory part
and not a replacement windshield that fits BMW cars.  Look for the BMW
roundel on the bottom corner of the windshield.  If this is not there,
it's not a BMW part.  This is probably not the case if the dealer is
reputable dealer.  Every non-factory windshield I have seen either does
not fit perfectly (do your wiper blades overhang or do not follow the
contour of the windshield?) or have imperfections in the glass.  What
makes it even worse is that I have seen some windshields that actually
fit so poorly that the windshield leaks air and/or water.  Granted,
sometimes this is attributed to the installer, but most times it is due
to the windshield.  That's why a non factory part costs a couple hundred
and a factory part costs $600+.

I would absolutely make sure that you get what you want - that is, a
windshield without distortions, etc.

Eric Hunt
94 325is