Just purchased: Snow wheels + tires for E36 M3; sharing info

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my emails
to the digest on a related topic over the course of the last week or two...
For those of you who missed it, I was looking for info on E36 M3 snow
wheels.  After wasting several hours on web-browsing and calls, I figure I'd
share my findings with other BMW pilots.

After checking out www.discounttiredirect.com and www.tirerack.com, I ended
up buying from the latter.  One reason is that I've bought from them in the
past, but another reason is that they sometimes have a "scratch 'n' dent"
sale.  To give you an example, I bought "scratched" ATP M3 wheels ('95 look
'n' feel, reg price $199) for $105 ea.  $400 discount on WINTER wheels
worked out well for me.  So, in the end, I ended up with (4) ATP 17x7.5's
with W210 Assymetrico 215x45x17.  I figured that we don't have snow storms
all winter long, and we have more 'dry' days than 'wet' days.  I also ENJOY
driving, and most of it is highway.  for that reason, I decided against
Blizzaks on 16" wheels and opted for an OEM-type solution with Winter
H-rated snow tires.  Living in Wisconsin, I just didn't have the heart to do
225's all the way around.  But having received the wheels today, I've got to
tell you guys (and girls) that these 215's are mighty wide...

In any event, these ATP M3 wheels have the correct offset (41mm)...  A
comparable set from the discounttiretirect.com was $50 more because they
don't really do scratch 'n' dent, and the offset is 42mm.   Prices on rubber
were the SAME at both...  Both organizations were very helpful, but it just
came down to one being able to CUSTOMIZE their order through the use of
better technology.  1-1 marketing in action.  Don Peppers would be proud :)

Regards,

George Kofman

'97 ///M3 sedan; bone stock, except for the X-brace and a set of winter
wheels+tires