<e36> HVAC Fan Speeds 2 & 3 Identical. What's Wrong?

     <On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 Peter Stickney wrote:>

     <I am having a problem with my fan speed where speeds 2 and 3
     appear to be identical, hopefully it's just a problem with the dial
     switch, but who knows...>

     I am having the exact same problem with the blower motor (without
     all the other problems Peter cites).  Does anyone know the likely
     cause of the blower speeds 2 & 3 being the same (speed 3 is the
     same as speed 2)?  I have already replaced the blower motor
     resistor.  Any help is appreciated.

     Pete, if you find out what the solution is could you please email
     me?  Thanks.

     Mike
     93 325i (with three speed blower)