...and you think YOU pay a lot for BMW parts...

i have to laugh at this one...

my normal parts for BMW parts was out of town and i needed a part ordered for
a project i'm working on, so, i try the local dealer.

sure, i expect to pay list price since they don't know me, but 30% above list!
are you friggin' out of your mind!

i called them back, after getting some info from my normal parts guy, and
there were a few in the US, none in AG (Europe).  first, i complained about
the price.  they then agreed to sell it to me at list.  then, i asked about
the discrepancy and they said that they had to order it on a VOR (vehicle off-
road).  now, from my previous dealings with bmw dealers and VOR (for m
roadster lever orders), the dealership has to pay an additional 6% since it
typically has to come from europe and it's air freighted in.  however, since
this part is in the country and i ordered it so they can put it on their stock
order (no extra charge), they were sunk.

the guy asks, "do you work for BMW?".  "nope." i reply, but why did you lie to
me?  "what do you want, then?" he shoots back.

be wary of your dealings with particular northern jersey BMW dealers that
claim to be PRESTIGE-ous, because they're more likely to be GREEDY.

i'm stickin' with my source for everything now...it's a jungle out there!

ben liaw