interesting stuff about TECHRON

Hello,
thought there may be some interest in this post. Got it off the Alfa digest
from Eric Storhok.

Techron follow up..

I worked for 3 months at Chevron Research Company, learned quite a lot about
fuels, how they deposit, and how to remove them.  Neat stuff!!

Anyway, I did actually work on the deposit remover technology, and got
talking
with some of the engineers designing the chemicals.  One rather interesting
problem with Techron is that it can turn parts of your oil into acid.  But
its only bad in high concentrations.  His advice was not to use the adder
more than 5 times per oil change.  Also, buy the right sized bottle for your
car, higher concentrations don't work any better.

Obviously, this means that the chemical in the gas is quite different.  One
can't expect to fill up only 5 times between oil changes.  The stuff at the
pump is, indeed, less harsh, it is intended as preventative mantainence,
not so much as a cleaner.

I just wish I could get Chevron fuel here in Michigan....

Eric Storhok