New BMW WSC Car

Hello All,
I am working on a project car called an Ultima Sports (which is made in the
U.K.).  After watching the BMW WSC car at Laguna this weekend (congrats
guys), I have been thinking of using a BMW V8 engine for my own WSC/LMP
looking car. The Ultima looks like a WSC/LMP with an enclosed top. Sorry I
couldn't afford the $285,000.00 (minus engine, transaxle, data logger,
etc...) that Riley and Scott were asking for their WSC/LMP car.  Anyway,
does anyone have any info on what engine and transaxle the new WSC cars are
running? I know the BMW M1 used the ZF-DG5 gearbox/transaxle. I am probably
going to use a porsche G50 (this is really a stronger unit, cheaper, and
much easier to find) 6-speed transaxle (1987-1989 911).  However, I've
heard rumors that there is a new getrag unit available.  Also, does anyone
have any recommendations on finding a good V8 engine with the new updated
cylinder wall lining? Could I possibly build a non-aspirated unit that
would pump out between 400-450 hp?

Thanks Guys and Gals!
- -Mack
mnorris@domain.elided
92' BMW 325i (stroked to 2.8)
77' IH Scout II (stump pulling daily driver)
98' Ultima Sports (kit/component car -project/hobby)