Re: [e36] <E36> Durability with regard to track programs

     Alan,

        I drove a stock '95 325is with about 38k on it.  I drove it both on
     street as well as on tracks in driving schools.  So far I'm very
     pleased with the durability of the car.   The only real problem that I
     have is track related as I've warpped my front rotors twice.  I guess
     the only cure is to duct the front brake.  BTW, do you aware of any
     good brake ducting kit for E36 cars?
     As for the clutch it holds up very well.  I do double clutch on the
     track as well as day-to-day driving.  It may help to lessen the strain
     on the transmission.  And for the rear suspension mount I've been
     keeping a very close eye on mine.   I believe it only affects those
     cars that have modified their suspensions and the use of R-compound
     tires help straining the suspension mounts further.  Anyway, you
     should make it a part of the tech inspection everytime you plan to go
     to track.

     Regards,

     Peter Li
     NJ BMWCCA