Re: E28 brakes

I have now been told that there is a rubber bushing in the front end
(upper control arms?) that must be worn and should be changed. Does
anyone have any info on what this bushing
actually is, and how hard it is to change? I am a backyard DIYer. Can I
do this job?

Thurman Hill <end snip>

Yes you can do this if you have, and use, common sense.  For some
*invaluable* info check the FAQ pages on this subject.  You can get to
them by using the BMW Digest Home Page: /bmw/   as
shown at the top of every digest page.  Good luck.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked with R1's shoes to go dancing in at the track
86' 325  - Wife's car