[no subject]

"As in the M50TU engine, the S50 US crankshaft is made of
 spheroidal-graphite cast iron."

And, from BMW Technical Service Bulletin 22 75 96, which details the intro-
ductin of the M52 motor in the 96 328i and the 97 528i, there is a
phrase that states:

"A forged steel crankshaft is used on the M52 engine for increased
 stiffness and improved vibration damping characteristics.  It has
 7 main bearings...."

So can we conclude that the 95 M3 S50US motor has a cast iron crankshaft,
and the 96,97,98 M3 S52US has a FORGED STEEL crankshaft?

Seems to me that aside from the extra 200cc of displacement and the
OBDII electronics on the S52US, this is a HUGE difference between
the two motors!

Unless my assumption above is incorrect...

Jason Leung
92 332i