Fog Lamp Lens <E30>

The passenger side lens on my '88 325is is cracked.  Being that the car
is new to me (and my first Bimmer) I dutifully took it to the dealer and
they pulled out a whole fog lamp lense kit.  "Oh no, I just need the
lens." says I.  "Sorry, we only sell the whole kit.  $109" says they.

According to my Bavarian Autosport catalog you can only buy the whole
kit.  Wazzup here?  All I need a stupid piece of glass.

Is this my "welcome to BMW" repair?  Does anyone fabricate these parts?

Thanks,
Rob
#148884

p.s.  Found some very seductive roads in Reading/Weston CT this weekend
surrounding a reservoir.  Freshly paved too.