Re: Is your E36 coupe driver's door hard to open?

I have been having difficulties with the driver's door on my M3 coupe
since it was new. This is great news that there is a fix.  I'll be happy
to post the service information bulletin.

Also, for those of you that have not visited bmwmpower.com yet, Nick has
sent me about 15 other service bulletins, most of them pertaining to the
E36 and E36 M3.  They are worth checking out if you have not done so
already.  Thanks Nick for the help!

Suzy

Nick wrote:

Mine was, until I adjusted the window stops. This is a VERY easy job. I
will be getting the Service Information bulletin for this
procedure scanned in the near future and sent to Suzy so it can be
placed on the http://www.bmwmpower.com/ website.
Basically, the window has 2 screw adjustments that limit how high it
goes up (and into the door seal). If the window goes up too
high, it puts extra pressure on the door and the latching mechanism,
which makes the door harder to open. By lowering the
maximum upward travel of the window, the latch doesn't have as much
pressure on it. Thus, the door opens easier. The only hitch
is that if your door seal is too old and has already taken a 'set' to
the current window's position, lowering the window a bit *may*
cause some extra wind noise at speed.

Nick
'95 M3