Re: E28 Brakes

I went through several sets of rotors and pads on my '86 535i based on
suggestions from my mechanic at an independent shop. After the first set
(they were warping about once every 6 months) he graciously replaced the
parts at his cost....and no labor fees.

After several of these "go rounds" I insisted that he use bone stock BMW
pads and rotors. THE PROBLEM WENT AWAY! Not a good solution for those who
"track" there cars, but that doesn't sound like a problem for you.

I hate the way stock pads "dust" the front wheels, but I hated more changing
the rotors so frequently.

Check out:

http://www.diac.com/~cguy1/bmw/text/E28_Brake_FAQ.html

It's these suggestions that I followed!

>Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:13:19 EDT
>From: Atkin11J@domain.elided
>Subject: E28 Brakes
>
>The rotors on my 85 535i are warped again. You can see the warp with the
naked
>eye. Front suspension is in good shape and no apparant bearing/hub
problems. I
>pulled them off 6 months ago and had my buddy put a very fine cut on them
>because they were warped. Big mistake, as I have no recourse for exchange
at
>this point. The previous units were Balo based on a recommendation from my
BMW