New Owner

Hello All,

My name is  Mike Lukachek and live in Pennsylvania. I've been a big fan of
BMW motorcycles for quite some time and have owned six of them. That's the
reason for the bmwmike e-mail. I've also been a big fan of BMW autos since
I saw my first 2002 in 1976.

Finally just purchased my first auto after looking at several. It's a 1987
535i.  Although the newer cars are very attractive, ride and handle great,
I like the classic styling of the E28.  I found the car at a local Mercedes
dealer.  I believe the price of $6300 may have been a little high, tell me
what you think.

The car has 130,000 miles, one owner, the exterior and interior are nearly
flawless, really. The car seems to have been well maintained. It may have
been painted some time in it's life but was not a tape and spray job.  Runs
great, everything works and included installing new exhaust and new
Michelin TRX tires.  (Yeah, I know but found out later.)  Apparently needs
control arm bushings.

Only have been on the mailing list for about a week but have found tons of
information on the web.  I do have one question though.  I know how to
reset the oil service light, but where is the diagnostics plug located?
Just can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Mike Lukachek
R50/2, R75/5, R11RT, 535i