<E36> BL/SS For M3

Hi:

I installed the BL/SS and ERK kit last weekend on my 95 M3, and just wanted
to provide a little feedback. In short, if you haven't installed a
shortshift kit, this is the only way to go.  The throws are much shorted,
and now that the linkage is getting broke in, the shifting is as smooth as
before -- it takes just a little more effort, but that's to be expected,
given the difference in leverage.  I installed the ERK without removing the
shift lever carrier -- thinking it would be easier.  If I had it to do
again, I'd remove the carrier first.  Also, be sure to read the article on
the "Techniques" page at http://www.shortshifter.com  This page
demonstrates a very good method of shifting that minimizes the possibility
of a bad down shift.  This page is a must regardless if you have a short
shift kit or not.

As a reminder, you can still find out everything you need to know about
making your own clutch stop and cone filter system at
http://www.he.net/~bikepro  When you get there, take the "Other BikePro
Products" exit.

Clint