E34 engine in an E28?

I am wondering what has to go on to transplant an E34 535i engine into an E28
535i?  Both have motrinic injection, but were alot of things changed
(ignition, injection, ect.) when the body style changed? The reason I am
considering this is...1. I think stuffing a 540i engine in would definetly be
way to much work, even though it would be real cool. 2.  It is an easy way to
gain a little compression increase and a few horsepower (potential to make
more horsepower in my opinion) And I want to keep the car nomally aspirated (
so turbos are not being considered).  Assuming I use the E28 injection and
ignition, is this an easy swap?  Any changes I should know about?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Nathan
85 535i