Let's Cook

Felloe Bubbae Keith sez:

>For instance, fire extinguishers:  How many driver's schools students have
>been burned *during a school* in a car due to lack of a fire extinguisher?

Yo Buddy....lemme tell you on Oct. 5th when I was doing that Insturctor
thang I sure wished that E30 we crashed in at Summit had a fire extinguisher
(which it didn't). We slid into the tree line at 30 mph or so and the
BIGGEST tree of all impacted on the fuel filler of the car, crushing it in
about 8 inches.....I could smell that the cat was burning the grass under
the car and my door wouldn't open as it was impacted into a smaller tree.
Thank goodness the filler neck did not open up on the impact.

So I'm thinking .... ' THIS IS NOT GOOD'.  The only way out is through the
Jim, the driver/owner, and neither he nor I are moving real fast after the
impact. Took the fire truck about 2 minutes to get to us.  Had we caught
fire I'd have been one crispy bubba.  I would have liked to have had the
option to have had 6 seconds of fire eatin' chemicals to get out of the car
with.

My car has a Halon extinguisher bolted to the roll bar, as you know. $ 115
is cheap insurance the way I figure. Don't want to buy a Halon?  Get a
Triplex...only $ 10.  Even cheaper life insurance!

Duane Collie
No Crispy Kritters 4 me
SVR

End of bmw-digest V9 #389