Re: autox

>Any tips for a beginner hitting an autox this sunday? I already know
>about don't shift gears unless absolutely necessary, go in easy (slow),
>and be smooth. Any others?

The best thing I can suggest is that, while following the other advice,
above all that do everything you can to learn the course - walk it, study a
map, go over it in your head while on the starting grid - whatever works.
If it's permitted, take a ride with an experienced driver for one of their
runs, and/or have one ride with you and tell you where to go.  I do all of
the above, and as a result I amazed a few people with the times I got in my
econobubble (before the 320i came along).  You can't go fast unless you know
where you're supposed to go, so don't worry about your time at first - your
goal should be to make a good clean run, without a DNF.  Once you know where
you're going, pick up the pace. :)  Good luck!

    - Justin