More on Dinan

>My parting shot is, If Dinan is so un-competitive, how are they still in
business,?

They develop AND market quality products - but at a price. You can get the
RIGHT product, installed RIGHT at Dinan without a worry. And they take care
of their customers. BUT (and its a big BUT), you can also get the same
elsewhere for less...its just not as nicely packaged. Dinan has never
'screwed over' anyone to my knowledge, as has AutoThority (opportunity for
a shot seen, and taken).  It's only really a question of money and where
you are comfortable spending it.  Since I am in Virginia, it makes little
sense to me to buy from Dinan as I can buy essentially the same components
from Turner or HMS at about 20 to 30% % less.

>Why do they have a chain of BMW dealers around the US selling Dinan
modified cars, blessed by >BMW NA as factory warrany OK?  I don't know of
any US tunners(or DIYr) whos product/systems
>don't void the  BMW factory warranty?

Ahhhh..BIG misconception here I'm afraid, Russ.

Make no mistake, BMW DOES NOT WARRANTY DINAN MODIFIED CARS.  What is
happening is a partnership bewtween BMW NA and Dinan.  When the BMW
warranty fails to take care of a Dinan-modified component that fails, then
Dinan kicks in his warranty.  He simply uses BMW dealers to do the work and
billing for him. So to you, the consumer, it seems seamless as it all
happens at the Dealer and you simply sign a few papers and go on your way.
The facts of it (as detailed in one of the Roundel's last year):

Your BMW NA warranty does NOT cover Dinan Parts.

Dinan parts can and do void portions of the BMW NA Warranty.

Dinan offers his own warranty serviced through BMW dealers.

BMW NA approves of this relationship but when push comes to shove, you see
them bail on the NA warranty faster than you can say "Stage III Supercharger".

Kinda confusing, eh?

Duane Collie
SVR, Inc.