<E36> Durability with regard to track programs

If you drive an E36 325/328/M3 during track programs, as well as on the
street, how have you found the durability to be?

It seems as if I need a clutch (my throwout bearing is beginning to stick)
and I've had problems lately cooking brakes.  The brake problem is easy to
fix with a proper set of pads and some efforts around ducting.  I've gotten
lots of good information from this list and from some of the tuner/suppliers
we all use on this.

The advent of the clutch problem has gotten me thinking about what I'm doing
with the car and whether I'm on the precipice of a slippery slope of costly
repairs. The potential rear suspension mount problem which has been
highlighted in Roundel and this forum is also looming in my mind.

With regard to specific problem of the clutch, the car has 44K miles (mostly
highway) and I don't use the clutch pedal as a stoplight footrest or hold
the car on hills with it.

So, you track folks... Have you incurred what you believe are major repairs
because of your on track activity?

My car is a 328, is M3 performance also backed up by a significant increase
in durability?

Thanks,
- -Al
1996 328is