<misc>REPLY-Simplifying Brake Bleeding

Chris wrote:

O.K. guys I got one for ya....Sounds like a real winner!!!!In the
November issue of Four Wheeler Magazine (Hey! I got aBronco, Alright?)
There's a new product profiled on page 144 that is right upyou
raceguys alley!
It's made by Russell Performance Products 904-253-8980(FLA.) the same
people who make the SS lines Etc.
Its called the "Speed Bleeder" It's a replacement Bleederscrew for your
brakes. You replace your factory bleeder screws and Voila!They have a
buitl in check valve so after you install them all you doto bleed your
brakes is loosen them 1/4 to 1/2 turn and then pump thebrakes..the
check valve keeps air from being drawn back into thebrakes. Nifty, Huh?
It looks just like a stock bleeder screw. The editors lovedit.Chris
Barton
1995 540 6 speed

===================================

Someone menationed on an earlier digest that Pep Boys sells these.  I
think they mentioned that you must have your OE bleeder screw to
ensure you get the eact proper fitting replacement screw.

Im actually interested in these, but wonder if our technical parts
gurus on the digest (Hey Steve D'G)
have any experiences or thoughts on these little devices.  My concern
would be long-term use (air seepage?) once that little spring that
holds the ball weakens over time if quality and standards are not up
to par.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD