Lets M-Z3 Euro alarm like LED my '97 318tis

  On my '96 328is the Euro alarm LED part # 65 75 8 357 417 fits in one of the
knockouts just forward of the shift lever console.  On my '97 318tis there are
no knockouts in this area.  There are knockouts below the window switches that
will work if you do not have the heated seats option.  You would then use the
above LED.
  The M-Z3 Euro alarm like LED part # 65 75 2 491 479 is wider.  Like the
above LED there is no single frame, that I'm aware of, that accommodates this
LED.

   http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/images/euroled2.gif

  With some filing/sanding you can easily make it fit the standard E36 single,
double or triple curved frames.  Being a matte finish, if you use a fine
enough sand paper and take the time, no one will know that you were there.
Since the altered edges are now recessed and don't show, it really doesn't
matter.

   http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/images/euroled3.gif

  Like the other Euro LED I had to jump out the 5.1 K ohm resistor to
accommodate the BMW alarm in my '97 318tis.  Check out the following if you
decide to do this to your ti, or whatever.

   http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e36/interior/e36_euro_alarm_led.html

  I added a single curved frame to my ti just forward of the passenger side
window switch.  This is where I relocated the stock LED when installing my VDO
gauge panel, which means that there is a hole there.  Doing it again, I might
place it in the flat area just behind the hazard switch, where I relocated the
cigar lighter to when adding the gauges.  If you do this, you would use the
flat frame 61 31 1 387 996.  Back then, I wasn't aware of the Euro alarm
LED's.

   http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/images/euroled5.gif

 RonStygar@domain.elided  FLY BMW  Marlborough, CT
  http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_ronstygar.html