<e36> re:E36 Sunroof Rattles

     <Roy Dormany wrote>

     Is there an adjustment procedure for the sunroof on my 92 325i? It
     rattles when going over rough pavement. Thanks

     Roy,

     I had a rattle in the sunroof of my '94 325i.  The rattle came from
     the middle of the car, just behind the front seats.  Like you, I
     thought it was a simple adjustment, so I put off going to the shop
     until a few days before the warranty expired.  Much to my
     amazement, the repair was essentially a removal and replacement of
     the complete sliding sunroof assembly.

     The parts used in the fix were the sunroof frame
     (p/n 1 54-12-8-206-386) and what the invoice calls a S/R-RepKitE36
     (p/n 1 54-12-8-206-384).

     Mine was done a few days before the warranty expired:) Sad to say,
     I think you will be wishing yours was also.  This is an awfully
     expensive repair for a minor problem.  BTW, the service manager
     told me there was no long term damage occurring, just an annoying
     rattle in an otherwise fine car.

     Mike Schaublin
     94 325i 5spd