M3 seats

I'm in the market for an e36 M3, but have a pretty severe limitation.
I'm 6'4-5ish and have found that I do not comfortably fit in a 2dr
(sunroof) with lux seats and probably not with the std seats.  There is
sufficient headroom in the 4dr (sunroof) with std seats.  Add a helmet
and it would probably be a very tight fit.  4drs only being made in 97
and 98, my choices are limited to newer, pricier cars.  My wife will be
far less than pleased if I weekend race a $40k car, so older models
would be preferable.

That said, what is the availability, installation and cost of
aftermarket, lower profile seats?  seat would still need to be
longitudinally and vertically adjustable, and must also offer a modicum
of comfort.   Would probably need tilt adjustment as well.  Has anyone
modified the existing seat to remove some height (e.g., remove foam or
relocate support mesh)?

David D. Beatty
91 MR2 turbo
97 4runner