Hot Brakes

> I'd have no trouble agreeing with you completely except for 2 things:
>
> 	1.  My pedal feel will comeback (for a couple of laps) if I bleed
> the system between runs.
>
> 	2.  Unless I bleed between runs, it takes a couple of days, then the
> pedal feel will come back on its own.
>
> I can't reconcile this behaviour with anything other than boiled fluid.  If
> its something else, I'd LOVE to know what it is (this is all driving me
> nuts).
> - -Al

Al,

I'm still gonna hold to my theory (and that's all it is) that your street
pads are becoming heat soaked. I'd be really surprised if you were boiling
off Super Blue (assuming your changes are relatively frequent). Could also
be your brake lines are deteriorated and are expanding more than they
should. Stainless Brake Lines (make sure you get good ones) really make a
difference under hard, repeated braking.

I think switching to a higher temp fluid is probably not the answer, as I
suspect the weak link is elsewhere in your setup.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/Bubba