which snow tire to get: P210 Asymetrico Vs. Bridgestone WT05 ?

Hello digesters,

now that the winter is near (at least for us in the North), now is the time
to look for winter boots.  I am looking at a set of 225x45x17 P210's
Asymetricos or Bridgestone WT05...  i am told that the Pirelli tires are
being discontinued in the 225x45x17 size.  This leaves me a bit concerned -
what if I destroy a tire a year from now ?  no replacement, or is there ?

what about the Bridgestone BT05's ?  are they any good?  how do they compare
to the Pirelli P210A ?
When replying to the digest, please CC: geo@domain.elided

I want to place my order tomorrow.  Any help is most appreciated.

TIA
George
'97 M3 sedan

PS - are 225's too wide for snow ?