RE: <E46> steering play/wandering, helmet stuff

Mike Klein asked about his wandering 323ic.  When I drove a 328i non-sport
at O'fest, I was surprized that it handled like a loose Buick.  Near triple
digits in open country way far away from Mickey, the thing needed two hands
to keep it straight, wouldn't stay that way.  Felt very nervous.  Definitely
needed sport suspension help.  Totally disappointed in BMW.
- -----

So I don't sound like a safety cheapskate, I bought my Snell 85 mfrd. in
'91, and my 90 mfrd. in '97.  Interesting.  Good advice from Snell posted by
Jim Ochi.
I wrote: "A tip, depending on your needs (ex: CCA), I prefer to buy a
previous year certification (90) at sometimes less than half the price of a
current one (95), and after getting it smelly stinky replace it new in 5
years with the next cert. rather than keeping a (95) longer."

Gary Lin   National Capital Ch.