Brake lining light mystery.

About two weeks ago the brake lining light started coming on whenever I
pushed the brake pedal in my E30 '92 325iC with 32Kmiles. Ok, no big deal,
I ordered front and rear Repco Deluxe pads and front and rear wear sensors.
This weekend I finally had time to install them.
The old pads on the car seemed to have been the original BMW pads (Padgid?)
They, however, had about 1/3 to 1/2 of meat left, and the wear sensors did
not seem to be touching anything, the plastic was not chewed through. On
the rears the plastic was not even touched, as far as I can tell.
Changing the fronts did not do the trick, the light was still coming on.
Changing the rears did solve the problem.
Out of curiosity, I checked the resistance of the old rear switch, and it
was 0, the way it should be if I understand how it works. All connections
seemed fine too.
So, with that much of a pad left, and the rear sensor being intact, why was
I seeing the light? Not that I'm complaining, but I'm very curious.
Mike.S

'92 E30 325iC, BMWCCA #159367
http://www.gis.net/~mikest

End of bmw-digest V9 #368