CD-ROM p/n and smog?

Hey guys and gals,
I got a couple of questions for you guys.

1.  What is the p/n for the BMW parts CD that is available?  The one
that covers from the Isetta to the E30-M3 along with Euro part-numbers
too!  I think it's "72 00 0 035 315," but i'm not sure.  Could someone
please let me know.  Thanks!

2.  I bought my E30-M3 around this time 1 year ago.  In california, you
need to get a smog before you can register an used car.  Well I did, and
i'm about to renew my registration.  But I need to get a smog again!!!
I thought it was once every 2 years.  Is this a scam or what?  I know
the car will pass, but it's the principle of the whole thing, plus I'm
wasting time doing this.  Is that right?  I know on new cars it's based
on the VIN number (odd/even), but on an used car, wouldn't it be based
on when you register it again!?