Re: <MISC> OBC average speed inquiry

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Nelson Donovan wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I went over 5k miles on the odometer today in my 328iC and decided to
> check my average speed as measured by the OBC. I have averaged 33 miles per
> hour since new.  I was wondering what average speeds others have on their
> OBC.  Not for any reason other than curiosity, and I thought it might be
> more interesting than the daily flame(lame) topic.

 I keep numbers in a spreadsheet for fun.  fuel records, mpg, oil
changes, etc.  I record the avg speed and avg mpg figures per tank on
the gas receipt.  (I do SO have a life)
 For fun, I put the avg mpg and avg mph figures into a XY chart and
Excel tells me that there is a positive correlation factor of .70
between mpg and mph.  On the low end, a tank at 21mph gave me about
17mpg, and on the high end, a tank at 35mph gave me 25mpg.
 How's THAT for almost useless data?

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and