Speaking of Speeding Tickets...

I've posted this before, but it is worth repeating, especially since we
now have a real life CHP officer on the Digest.

A CHP officer spoke at a Golden Gate Chapter meeting several years
ago.  Among other things, he pointed out:  There is no correct answer to
the question, "Do you know how fast you were going?"   Think about it.
If you knew, then you knew that you were breaking the law.  If you didn't
know, you should have.  He said he never asks that, but lots of cops use
that line all the time.

An aside:  I asked him about red cars getting more tickets than cars of
other colors.  He claimed that it was the opposite of what we think:
Owners of red cars have aggressive personalities, and THAT is why
they get more tickets.  I don't think anyone believed him, though.

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid, Delphin gray, stealth personality