Jim C Chip and Correct Oil Weights

>Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:40:05 -0400
>From: Michael Tarver <tarvma02@domain.elided>
>Subject: JC engine troubles...Engine is possessed!!!

>    I am starting to have second doubts about my JC chip in my 325is.
>It has been doing some funny stuff.  I'll change the oil (every 3K mls)
>with Mobil 1 10W-30 and the car runs incredible for 1.5K miles.  Then,
>out of nowwhere, back to being a slug like before it was chipped.  Has
>anyone had similar problems or know what is going on inside my engine or
>computer.  I don't like it because the car is NO FUN to drive when it
>gets slow.  However, as soon as I change the oil again, it runs fine.

Mike,

You haven't heard? You CANNOT use 10w-30 Mobil 1 in conjunction with Jim C.
chip.  Not only will this cause your rod bearings to fail and the head to
crack, but you will also become impotent and/or sterile, depending on the
weight of the oil used.

You see, several years ago Jim C. got REALLY PISSED at Mobil Oil
Corporation when they failed to acknowledge him as Universal Master of the
EPROM.  Jim then incorporated 'fuzzy logic' into this chips to detect and
actively discriminate against any Mobil 1 product used in a car in
conjunction with his chips.  Everyone knows that.

You MUST use the following formula in your engine to purge the Mobil 1 out:

1 gallon Shell Rotella 10w-40 with soot additives
1 quart Valvoline 'Red Top" straight 30w
1 pint of Slick 50
1 12 oz bottle of Rolling Rock
1 liquified Dunkin' Donuts Brand jelly donut

Run the car 500 miles on this mixture to purge.
After the purge - switch to Pennzoil.  You'll be fine.

- - Duane Collie
a.k.a. Duanegerous

P.S. Hey! Ain't adding in a Jim C. Chip like a FOREVER-type thangie like
having a permanent tune-up for the car?