new info on new M5 (real long)

Picked up my brother & his wife last night at LAX, having returned from
their honeymoon to europe. As he stepped out of customs, he handed me a
M5 brochure (auf deutsch) and the 10/14 issue of Autocar, with a picture
of the M5 on the cover "best BMW we've ever driven". Most of the
folowing info is from the latter;
 alloy instrument surrounds
 very  small lip spoiler on deck
 beautiful 18" "cosmic like" wheels (obviously, the folks that design
these things never wash them)
 wider chrome surrounds around kidney grills
 folding (rotating) aero side mirrors
 xenon headlights w/ oval fogs
 electically adjustable steering wheel for rake and reach
 sportiva(titanium look aluminum with either Alcantara suede or Nappa
leather) or Exclusive(soft leather w/ polished green wood) interiors
 E46 sport like wheel (bulkier)
 NO SMG, no auto
 Getrag 6 speed w/ 3:15 final drive
 400 hp @ 6600 rpm, peak 369 lbft @ 3800 rpm
 8 individual 50mm butterflies (electonically controlled w/120
millisecond response time) hidden under a LARGE cf trimmed air cleaner
 forged crank, rods, maybe pistons
 numerous (4 or 6?) oil pick-up points that are selected by the amount
and direction of the g-forces (up to 1.2) being generated !!!!!
 4th gear, 50 - 75 mph in 4.8 seconds, 2.1 sec faster than the previous
M5
 0-60 5.1 sec, 1/4 mile 13.4
 standing kilometer (it's a British thang) 24.1 seconds, .4 seconds more
than a Ferrari f355, .1 faster than a 911
 Autocar's verdict: remarkably refined super-saloon delivers awesome
combination of blistering performance from charismatic V-8, peerless
handling & entertainment
 My verdict: you folks who put your money down eons ago, and don't know
if you can wait another 12 months...QUIT WHINING!
 Geezermobile, my ass...

 Michael Reinhart
 Obsolete, slow e36 M3

End of bmw-digest V9 #360