JC engine troubles...Engine is possessed!!!

Hello Everyone,
    I am starting to have second doubts about my JC chip in my 325is.
It has been doing some funny stuff.  I'll change the oil (every 3K mls)
with Mobil 1 10W-30 and the car runs incredible for 1.5K miles.  Then,
out of nowwhere, back to being a slug like before it was chipped.  Has
anyone had similar problems or know what is going on inside my engine or
computer.  I don't like it because the car is NO FUN to drive when it
gets slow.  However, as soon as I change the oil again, it runs fine.
Now, the car is NOT being abused by any menas but it is being driven
spiritedly!  Any suggestions???  Mike.  Jim, I know it's probably NOT
your chip causing these problems but it never did this finicky stuff
until after it was sharked.  Any suggestions????