Re: Pulling an 02 tii engine

>Anybody out there have any tech-style articles or manuals that would detail
>the procedure of pulling an engine out of a 72 02 tii? Or maybe a pointer
>to a tech FAQ that would explain it or give some valuable hints? I've read
>the Haynes manual, and I'm telling myself that it can't possibly be that
>simple, and I don't want to find this out in a couple of weeks when I've
>got the chains around the thing and can't get it out...
>

>_____________
>Patrick Van de Wille
>Consultant
>Communications Dufour Radmanovich
>(514) 845-8029
>patrickv@domain.elided

Patrick,

I pulled the engine of my '72 tii using only the instructions in the
Haynes manual.  The hardest part of the job, and the only part requiring
another person, was removing the hood.  Installing the engine took two
people as I decided to bolt the transmission to the engine prior to
manouvering it into the engine compartment.

I did this back in '88, so my recollection of the specifics are a little
hazy.

Ed Walker
'72 tii
'80 323i