<E36> '95 M3 5th/2nd Gear Shift Problem - Update

I posted a few weeks back that I had trouble shifting into 2nd and 5th
under hard acceleration and high RPMs. Actually, it wouldn't even go
into 5th, and when it did it would slip back out into neutral after
releasing the clutch. Not too good at 115 mph+!

Anyway, I took it to the dealer to check it out. They didn't give me a
complete diagnosis, but ended up replacing the whole transmission and
putting in new transmission mounts (all covered under warranty). Note:
The dealer noted that I had Redline fluid in the transmission (ATF) and
warned against using it - but still covered the job under warranty.

Thought some of you may want to know.

Peter Stuhr
Tarheel Chapter
'95 White M3