Tire Suggestions?

	Today was a fun day, I learned a very important lesson.  If
something is weird, better fix it NOW.  Some digest members may recall
about a month ago, I posted something about an uneven sidewall.  While
many urged me to have it check, I ignored it until today.  Actually, I aws
really busy, but that's another story.  Anyhow, I was washing my car, and
doing the other maintenance stuff on there.  I checked my fluid levels,
and my tire pressures.  I realized that the tire/wheel with the uneven
sidewall was a bit deflated.  So I decided to get some air and check the
tire out with the local tire shop to see what's the deal with the uneven
sidewall.  Anyhow, to make a long story short.  I found a two-inch nail
that has recently struck the tire.  While I complained and was hoping to
get the tire covered under manufacture's warranty for the sidewall, the
manager told me that due to the puncture, the store can't even take the
tire back.  They said something about the puncture might lead the air into
the sidewalls, therefore creating an air bubble.  So I took it to another
store, and same story from the other manager.

Anyhow, here is my question.  If the store does not honor the warranty,
could I go to a different store to have it exchanged?  I purchased it from
Discount Tire Center, which is a fairly large chain around the Southern
California.  I'm curious if I could take it down to my local Firestone or
TiresForLess and have them take a look at it.  The second question is that
if no one will honor it, I'll have to purchase a new tire.  Will I have to
purchase two to balance out the car?  If I do, what's recommended?
215/45/17, 225/45/17, or 235/40/17?  I have been running P7000 for a while
now and have love their quietness and tire wear, does anyone recommend
others?  SP8000 any good?  I'm mainly looking for quiet tires with a lot
of tread wear.

Thanks for any input,
James

PS.  This is going on a E36 325is '95 with BBS RX 17x8 Rims.