re: How to protect aluminum parts?

David: I think I know exactly what you need - disclaimer - I haven't
used it, but Sonax is a reputable German chemical company.

SONAX ENGINE LACQUER

Sonax Engine Lacquer (Motor Plast) is an aerosol high gloss lacquer
based sealant/protectant for the
unpainted aluminum parts of the drive train. Protects the bare metal
engine, transmission and
suspension components from corrosion. Clean the components thoroughly,
allow to dry and spray on.
Do not use on painted surfaces.

Available from (who else?) Larry Reynolds of Car Care Specialities
(http://www.carcareonline.com/) or you can email them,
sales@domain.elided

	CAR CARE SPECIALTIES, INC.
                         PO BOX 535, SADDLE BROOK, NJ 07663-0535
                      VOICE: 201-796-8300 (9 AM - 9 PM EASTERN TIME)
                                 FAX: 201-791-9743 (24 HOURS)

HTH,

Barrett N.
Houston, Texas